Atlas of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 6th ed. 2007 combines over 1200 illustrations, nearly all in colour and also an authoritative text covering the clinical diagnosis, pathology and ecology of all recognised tropical and parasitic diseases. Each chapter contains relevant epidemiology, maps, histopathologic illustrations, improved laboratory tests and examples of modern diagnostic screening, enhanced by clinical photographs, parasitic life cycles, tables of clinical features and macro and microscopy causative agents and vectors. Useful for physicians, teachers and students of Tropical Health and parasitology.
Increased global travel has changed the way we think about disease distribution. Diseases can be disseminated more readily than ever due to the increased speed of international travel.This is your perfect visual guide to diagnosing these diseases. The sixth edition of this internationally acclaimed atlas is the most comprehensive ever, with extensively revised text and more than 1,200 stunning images.
- See the latest on such infections as the H5N1 strain of avian flu and West Nile Virus.
- Catch up with expanded coverage of the continuing of HIV/AIDS and related infections.
- Find information quicker and more easily with a new consistent chapter organisation.
- Get even more comprehensive visual coverage with hundreds of new, full-colour images.
- Use all of the book’s 1200+ images to illustrate your PowerPoint presentations with the enclosed bonus CD-ROM.
The titles below can be an interesting further reading on tropical medicine and parasitology:
Tropical medicine microscopy
Tropical Medicine Point-of-Care Testing